State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL)
FY2017-2019 Goals Set
- Inclusion and Accessible Communities: Michigan’s Independent Living (IL) program will strive to create inclusive and accessible communities.
- Education: Michigan’s IL program will work more closely with the education system to ensure students and families have the optimal educational experience.
- Employment: Michigan’s IL program will partner with appropriate entities to facilitate increased employment in competitive, integrated settings.
- Emergency Preparedness: Michigan’s IL program will continue to help individuals with disabilities and communities be prepared for emergency situations.
- Long-Term Care Services and Supports: Michigan’s IL program will continue to promote community-based living as the preferred living arrangement for people with disabilities.
- Effective and Efficient Independent Living Program: Michigan’s IL Network will continue to build a consumer driven, highly effective IL program that meets the federal standards and indicators
as required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act.