JOB POSTING at Disability Network of Mid-Michigan:
Youth Transition Specialist
Disability Network of Mid-Michigan, a non-profit organization advocating for people with disabilities, is hiring a full-time (30 hours/wk) Youth Transition Specialist for a 12 county area. The primary job functions of this position are to:
- Develop strong working relationships with partner agencies to enhance collaboration and increase consumer employment outcomes.
- Provide one-on-one and group pre-employment skills training.
- Conduct independent living and employment assessments as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- experience working with youth with disabilities
- ability to provide one-on-one mentoring
- ability to collaborate with high school staff, students with disabilities, and state vocational rehabilitation agencies
- be self-directed, organized, and experienced in employment issues relating to disabilities are required
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to utilize existing training curriculum with flexibility to develop additional materials to accommodate non-traditional learning styles
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to establish personal transportation for travel throughout a 12 county region.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of disabilities
- Ability to access community resources for people with disabilities
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with community partners
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to disability issues
- Understanding of advocacy on an individual and community-wide basis
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by 8/30/19 to:
Disability Network of Mid-Michigan
1705 S Saginaw Rd, Midland MI 48640
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE