JOB POSTING at Disability Network West Michigan:
Position: Rural Services Coordinator
LEVEL: Full time, Hourly –Non-Exempt
PURPOSE: The Rural Services Coordinator will work to develop and coordinate services in rural counties identifying the needs of the underserved and unserved populations. The Rural Services Coordinator will work closely with community partners to build relationships and enhance resource development to increase service opportunities.
COUNTIES SERVED: Oceana, Newaygo, Mason and Lake Counties
OFFICE LOCATION: Office locations in both Hart & Fremont/ Mobile Work
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: CEO
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Health & Human Services, Nonprofit Sector or related field required; or commensurable experience.
- Three to five years of experience in providing services or developing programs for vulnerable populations.
- Knowledgeable in public relations, resource development and grant writing.
- Two years mandatory management and supervisory experience.
- Disability is not a requirement but is considered an asset in the performance of this job.
- Experience coordinating multi-organizational objectives and activities.
Base skill set:
- Knowledge of and exposure to disability issues and an understanding of advocacy on an individual and community-wide basis.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the independent living philosophy.
- Demonstrated skills in effective communication- written, verbal, public speaking and strong relationship building experiences in leadership roles.
- Ability to work well with people, build relationships and fully support the agency’s mission, vision and values.
- Knowledge of community services and resources.
- Knowledge of disability legislation.
- Strong advocacy skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Understanding and commitment to team concept and participatory management.
- Must be able to travel throughout the Disability Network West Michigan service area.
- Knowledge of the Independent Living Movement.
Essential Responsibilities and duties:
- Assist with developing and coordinating services/programs, including:
- Assurance of all programs, services and activities consistent with federal, state and local rule and regulatory requirements.
- Soliciting new projects.
- Meeting with consumers and referral sources.
- Attending agency meetings or delegating appropriate representation.
- Assigning staff to implement services.
- Maintaining a caseload if and when necessary.
- Supervise assigned staff and volunteers including training, assigning work, scheduling work hours, evaluating performance, resolving conflict, and conducting team meetings.
- Be knowledgeable of budgets, and work with the finance staff to maintain accurate and effective procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of budgets, and work with Human Resources to interview, hire, train, and provide corrective actions to staff.
- May provide direct service as necessary and appropriate, such as independent living coordination for consumers including:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with contracting agencies and other service providers.
- Empower consumers to advocate on their own behalf.
- Respond to requests for information from organizations, agencies, and consumers. Make appropriate referrals and complete follow-up correspondence as needed.
- Attend meetings with agency partners as directed by the CEO.
- Conduct and/or coordinate consumer training sessions pertaining to independent living topics.
- Provide advocacy on behalf of consumers on an individual and community-wide basis.
- Participate on local and state committees as appropriate.
- Deliver community education presentations about Disability Network West Michigan and other independent living topics.
- Maintain and submit statistical data to appropriate staff on a timely basis.
- Submit reports as required by funding sources (which may include billings and progress reports).
- Perform community development activities as requested by the CEO.
- Use the DNWM database NetCIL to record all appropriate work related information and data.
Please submit a resume and cover letter no later than January 22, 2020 to:
Diane Fleser, CEO
Disability Network West Michgian
27 E. Clay Ave
Muskegon MI 49442
or email: email@example.com