JOB POSTING at Disability Advocates of Kent County:
Core Services Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Disability Advocates of Kent County (DNMM), is seeking a Core Services Manager to join our dynamic and dedicated organization. This is an exempt position with full-time benefits including health, dental, vision, health savings account a generous paid time off plan and more. The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $52,000.
The Core Services Manager leads the overall management, supervision, and on-going development of Disability Advocates’ core services which encompasses Information & Referral (I&R), Independent Living, Peer Support, Community Transition Services, and Individual and Systems Advocacy.
The Core Services Manager ensures that all consumers receive the needed supports from the Core Services Team in order to achieve their Information & Referral (I&R) and/or Independent Living goals. They work closely with the Employment Services Manager and OT Program Manger along with the Associate Director to ensure a cohesive and mutually supporting service delivery process throughout the organization for our many consumers. Finally, they are the lead person, in conjunction with the Associate Director, with our many community partners and funders, with a focus on increasing the capacity of the organization through the development of fee-for-service contracts, grants, and sponsorship opportunities.
The Core Services Manager works closely with and supervises Core Services Team staff, interns, volunteers, and workgroups to accomplish the organization’s advocacy priorities. They ensure that organizational efforts develop and support persons with disabilities in active roles, especially leadership, as part of community organizing and disability rights advocacy. This includes:
- The provision of community education through an increase in presentations and an expansion of audiences, promoting a framework for advocacy efforts in specific issue areas;
- Work to insure that service providers are addressing the need for public transit in our community in an effective way, and staff facilitation or actively participation in identified community committees or groups;
- The promotion of an ongoing community dialogue and conversation about various aspects of living with a disability, especially addressing and countering the prevailing stigmas and myths about disability;
- The provision of consultation services for commercial and governmental entities aimed at meeting the minimum accessibility standards and inclusion of best practices and universal design; and
- The continued growth of fee-for-service revenue related to the advocacy activities especially through promotional opportunities to municipalities.The Core Services Manager also works collaboratively with all other managers and directors in further development of Disability Advocates as an impactful organization and preferred place of employment.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelors or Masters in Social Work, Psychology, Public Administration, Community Organizing, Business Management, Urban or Community Planning; may consider other relevant education.
- Experience: Three to five years’ supervisory experience overseeing multi-program development, management, and growth. Experience in community organizing and/or public policy work and/or providing assistance to individuals/organizations on Independent Living issues is also beneficial.
- Professional written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to participate in and work to build a collaborative team.
Work Environment and Physical Abilities:
This is a standard office environment with most communication through meetings, email, and phone conversations. Communication with Disability Advocates’ coworkers, supervisor, directors, board members, and outside entities to successfully perform functions of the job is expected. This position also requires some travel; attendance at meetings in and out of the office is expected. Therefore, reliable and self-identified mode of transportation is required.
We advocate and facilitate action by persons with disabilities and the community to achieve equal access for all. We support equal employment opportunities at Disability Advocates for persons with disabilities through various workplace accommodations, therefore we encourage persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
How to apply:
Please check our website for a more detailed job description and information about our organization http://www.dakc.us/join-our-team.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or
Disability Advocates of Kent County
Attn: Human Resources, 3600 Camelot Drive SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Resumes will be accepted until February 8, 2019.
No phone calls, please.