JOB POSTING at Disability Network Northern Michigan:
Location: Traverse City
Work alongside the DOA to raise audience awareness of DNNM through implementation of the outreach, marketing, and resource development plans designed to fulfill strategic plan and maximize reach. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible to advance strategies that increase DNNM visibility through technical and administrative support to the Team. This will include: strengthening internal communication systems, managing digital and print materials, ensuring brand compliance, supporting website and social media platforms, participation in media relations and events, support to proposals and funding projects, management of contact databases.
Other tasks in support of funding projects and communications to existing and potential funders will be assigned based upon the individual’s strengths.
- Assist in development and implementation of annual marketing and outreach strategy.
- Support team in designing, editing and managing materials across a range of audiences and contexts.
- Develop relationships with media personnel to identify opportunities to promote services, news and events in alignment with the plan.
- Monitor and track relevant news coverage locally and nationally.
- Work with DOA in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications.
- Lead the organization’s Access for Everyone campaign.
- Develop and maintain organization’s social media accounts including content creation and curation.
- Collect social media and website metrics and analyze monthly.
- Expand and maintain digital database.
- Develop and maintain media and events calendar and database.
- Write and publish website, blog and email newsletter content.
- Support DOA in implementation of annual fund development plan and strategy.
- Direct and deliver the organization’s annual giving campaigns.
- Coordinate training to team, board and volunteers to support fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Maintain contact and donor databases.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, development or related field.
- Familiarity with disability and strong alignment to the mission of DNNM.
- One to two years of experience working as a communications professional for a non-profit, for-profit, agency: or related professional experience.
- High energy, can-do attitude, flexibility, team oriented with a high degree of initiative.
- Proficient with office suite, website content management, email marketing and social media networks.
- Experience with presentation design and visual communications collateral creation a plus.
- Able to collaborate with several teams at once and have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
For additional information or application reach Jennifer Hutchinson at: Jen@DisabilityNetwork.net